2023 Texas Reporting Requirements- BTA
Learn how to add a template to BTA to help your district meet Texas reporting requirements.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- PBIS Rewards
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- School Check In
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
New statewide reporting standards require all Texas districts to include the target of a threat when conducting behavioral threat assessments. Navigate360’s Behavioral Threat Assessment & Suicide Case Manager (BTA) can help with this new requirement by providing Texas teams the ability to collect this information in their threat assessment workflows via a pre-built template that can be added to the default case model.
For more information, please contact your Navigate360 Customer Experience Consultant.
Adding the Template
Our team has designed a template to make it easier to collect data and meet all state reporting requirements. To complete this, the user needs to have the “Manage System Customization” permissions.
Districts have access to either CSTAG or NTAC. While some images highlight NTAC, these steps should be completed on the process model you use.
- Log in to BTA https://secure.navigateta.com/signin
- In the menu bar, click Admin.
- On the Admin screen, click Manage Custom Content.
- On the process model list click the 3 vertical dots at the end of the row for CSTAG or NTAC and then click Edit.
- Review the Process Model alert and click Confirm.
You are now looking at the customization screen. This will look very similar to a real case screen.
- In the bottom left, click Add Section. A new box will appear under “Additional Steps”.
- Click the 3 vertical dots and click Rename. Enter “Reporting Requirements” as the name of the new section.
- In the main portion of the screen, click Add Custom Fields.
- A dialogue will open. In that menu, go to Pre-defined Components and find “Texas Reporting.”
- Drag “Texas Reporting” into the purple section. When the Texas Component box opens, click Save.
- Click Save to close the Add Custom Fields box.
- Click Save Work.
- Click the return arrow to exit Edit Mode.
- In the row for the Workflow Name of CSTAG or NTAC, click Publish to activate the changes.
This new section will be available for all new cases opened going forward.