How to add a new Student- PBIS Rewards
Learn how to easily add a new student to your roster.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- PBIS Rewards
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- School Check In
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
Note: If you are syncing with ClassLink or Clever, students will be added through the nightly sync.
From the left-side “Main Menu,” select “Students” to create new student accounts. Accounts can be created individually or upload a file to create many.
Users with PBIS Rewards Admin permission can add new students in the Web Portal.
- From the left-side “Main Menu,” select “Students” to create a student individually
Add New School User
- Use the + sign in the green circle near the top to add a student. Fill in the preferred student information for your school.
This may include “First Name,” “Last Name,” “Student ID,” “Grade,” “Gender,” “Ethnicity,” and “Email.” Click the green “Save” button to create a new student account. Gender, Ethnicity, and Email fields are optional.
Now that you have added the student to PBIS Rewards, that student can be added to any classes in a “Group.”
Create and Upload a File
Non-syncing schools will be able to upload students right on the student page as well. If you are syncing and need to upload students, you will need to use Secure Transfer.
To add multiple students at one time, use the secure transfer feature to send us a file. We can upload the students directly into PBIS Rewards for you. Please format a CSV file like the following example. If there are a significant number of additional students beyond your original group of students, the per-student usage fee may apply to the additional students. Download the PBIS Rewards Student Import Template here.
Column A – “First Name” is a required field in PBIS Rewards so this column must contain data.
Column B – “Last Name” is a required field in PBIS Rewards so this column must contain data.
Column C – “Student ID” is a required field in PBIS Rewards so this column must contain data.
Column D – “Grade” is a required field in PBIS Rewards so this column must contain data.
- PK Enter the letters PK for Pre-school students
- 0 Enter the number zero for Kindergarten or Pre-Primary Year (Australia) students
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10,11,12 Enter a number 1-12 for students in grades 1st through 12th. Only enter numbers, no letters
- 13 Enter the number 13 for PostGrad students
- NA Enter the letter NA for students not in a grade level
Column E – “Gender” is not a required field in PBIS Rewards so the Gender column may have blank cells. Cells with data must contain one of the following capital letters: M, F, X or N.
Column F – “Ethnicity” is not a required field in PBIS Rewards so cells in the Ethnicity column may be blank. Cells with data must contain one of the following capital letters: A, B, H, N, W or O.
- A Enter the capital letter A for Asian / Pacific Islander
- B Enter the capital letter B for Black or African American
- H Enter the capital letter H for Hispanic or Latino
- N Enter the capital letter N for Native American or American Indian
- W Enter the capital letter W for White or Caucasian
- O Enter the capital letter O for other or multiple
Column G – “Email” is not a required field in PBIS Rewards so cells in the Email column may be blank
From the left-side “Main Menu,” select “Settings.” Choose the “Secure Transfer” tab on the left.
- Provide a short name for the file in the “File Description” field
- Use “Select File” to browse for the file and then select it
- Press the “File Selected, Press Here To Upload” button
- Click “Save” in the lower right-hand corner
PBIS Rewards Support Staff will be notified that a file has been uploaded.
Files sent to you by PBIS Rewards will be available here as well. You will receive an email to notify you that a file is available.
- Click on the appropriate file name in the “File Name” column of the “Uploaded Files” section
- Choose between opening the file or saving it to your computer when prompted
After you are finished with the file, you can remove it from the “Uploaded Files” section. To do this, check the “Delete” box and select “Save.”
Files containing personal or confidential information should never be sent through email.