System Requirements- School Check In
Learn about the technical requirements of implementing a school check in system, including hardware and software.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- PBIS Rewards
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- School Check In
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
- Windows – Windows 10 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- MAC – OS 10.6 or higher.
- User Account – Administrator
- Processor – i3 (or higher) or equivalent AMD (or higher)
- Computer – Standalone dedicated computer (laptop or desktop).
- Memory – 4 GB or more
- Hard Disk – 50 GB free hard disk space
- Video – Color Monitor w/graphics card
- Resolution – 1024 x 768 video resolution.
- Mouse or Touch Screen Monitor
- USB port(s) (USB 2.0 or higher recommended).
Battery Back Up Power Supply
- Recommended but not required
- Dymo Label Writer 450 printers - printing ID Badges and Passes
- Standard inkjet or laser printers - printing reports
Network and Firewall Access
- Required for School Check IN ENTERPRISE and OffenderCHECK
School Check IN is installed on a single (dedicated) computer with either TWO (2) Dymo LabelWriter printers or ONE TWIN Turbo printer. Most schools use this solution because it's more economical.
- Printer #1 (Left Roll) is used to print Late/Tardy & Early Dismissal Passes (continuous paper) – Cost ~ 1¢ each.
- Printer #2 (Right Roll) is used to print Visitor & Volunteer ID Badges (peel & stick labels) – cost ~ 5¢ each.
- Printer #3 -- laser or inkjet printer is attached for printing reports.
Internet Connectivity is required for:
- Enterprise Edition
To install School Check IN, a Windows administrator account is required. Once installed, most any windows user account can be used to run School Check IN, and the \SchoolCheckIN folder must be set to FULL CONTROL for the user. The SchoolCheckIN folder is in C:\Program Files\. School Check IN (SCI) is a database application, not a program and as such, SCI needs the ability to read, write data, as well as, copy, move and delete files and folders in C:\Program Files\SchoolCheckIN\