EMS Notifications - Sound Override Guide for iOS
Learn how to override sound notifications when responding to an emergency on your iOS device.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- School Check In
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
Respond Text Notification Guide For iOS Devices
This guide is for setting up text notifications on your mobile device. This text notification can override your “Do Not Disturb” setting so that you are alerted via text with sound when an alarm is activated.
Respond is a module of the NaviGate Prepared mobile application (our classic app for Emergency Management Suite). The alerts or notifications on the app are designed to serve as an additional method of notifying building staff during a drill or emergency. Always use your primary method (i.e., fire pull, PA system, etc.).
Of course, we realize the value of having mobile devices alert us to emergencies and offer this guide to help staff enable their devices accordingly. The following instructions are designed to help you customize your settings, so you can limit the notifications you receive during the day while allowing sound for Respond alarms.
The following instructions are for version 10 and higher of iOS.
- Tap My Account.
- Enter your Mobile Phone Number and Save.
- Go back to the Home page and tap Settings.
- Turn on Receive Text Notifications.
- Go back to the Home page and tap Respond.
- Tap the alarm icon (bell) next to each building where you want to receive notifications.
Phone Settings Instructions
- Create a contact named NaviGate Prepared Alert, whose number is 87191.
- Edit that contact.
- Tap Text tone.
- Tap the Emergency Bypass switch. The switch will turn green when enabled.
- Choose a Ringtone (rather than a text/alert tone).
- Tap Done on the Text Tone screen and tap Done again on the Edit screen.
- You may want to set a unique sound for this contact
- Following these instructions will allow sound for this notification even when your Do Not Disturb switch is on (on the left side of your phone).