EMS Respond Sound Override Guide for Android
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- SEL - Suite360
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
Respond Text Notification Guide For Android Devices
Respond is a module of the NaviGate Prepared mobile application (our classic app for Emergency Management Suite). The alerts or notifications on the app are designed to serve as an additional method of notifying building staff during a drill or emergency. Always use your primary method (i.e. fire pull, PA system, etc.) as well.
Of course, we realize the value of having mobile devices alert us to emergencies and offer this guide to help staff enable their devices accordingly. The following instructions are designed to help you customize your do not disturb settings so you can limit the notifications you receive during the day, while allowing sound for Respond alarms. You may find this very useful as you can schedule do not disturb to turn on/off automatically based on the day of the week and time of day.
With Android devices, the very thing Android-users enjoy – the flexibility and openness –makes providing one set of instructions a bit challenging. Understand your device and software version may vary, so use these instructions as a guide. You may also benefit from Googling “customize do not disturb settings” along with your device and software version for more specific information.
- Tap My Account.
- Enter your Mobile Phone Number and Save.
- Go back to the Home page and tap Settings.
- Turn on Receive Text Notifications.
- Go back to the Home page and tap Respond.
- Tap the alarm icon (bell) next to each building for which you would like to receive.
Device Setting Instructions
- Create a contact named NaviGate Prepared whose number is 87191. Star this contact or mark it as a favorite.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Do not disturb. This may be under sounds or notifications.
- Choose Allow exceptions. This may be under ‘messages, events & reminders’ and you would choose ‘allow messages.”
- Choose Custom.
- Select Messages from / Favorite contacts only.
- Set Priority app notifications. This may be part of the current screen or you may have to go to a different area of settings such as ‘Apps & notifications.”
- Find the NaviGate Prepared app and click to turn it on. If you went to ‘Apps & notifications” settings to find the NaviGate Prepared app, you will need to override the do not disturb setting for each alarm type listed.
- Schedule your do not disturb to automatically turn on/off – one less thing to worry about!
- Make sure the volume on Notifications is turned up.
- Because we chose to allow “Messages from favorite contacts only” anyone else in your contacts who are listed as Favorites will also override your do not disturb settings, so be sure to review your Favorites.