EMS User Setup - Classic
Learn how to configure your user account for the Classic version of EMS.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
In the Emergency Management Suite, there are 4 main types of Users:
- Have full edit access to the Emergency Management Suite.
- This role should be used for those who will be performing setup and/or maintenance of information within the site.
- View Only Users will have viewing privileges only.
- This role will NOT be able to edit information on the site.
- Similar to View Only Users, but Limited Access users can ONLY view Flipcharts, Respond, and Reunification.
- This role is reserved for your local first responders such as the 911 center, police department, and fire department.
- They will have View Only access to information and will not be able to edit.
- They will NOT have access to the mobile apps.
See Also: Managing Users
From the Dashboard, choose User Setup under the Setup area or click Users in the toolbar.
To start adding users, click Add beside the role you wish to add a user to.
You can have as many users on your site as needed.
To add a user you must include: First name, Last name, and Email address. Job title and phone numbers are optional fields. When adding a user, you will also designate a Primary Site.
Once created, users can edit their own profile to keep their information updated.
When creating an account, we recommend using the option Let user set password. The user will receive an email with the information necessary to finalize their account including how to log in and the Secure ID. If you choose to manually set a password for them, you will have to notify them of their login details. (Secure ID is unique to your district/organization. All users in your district use the same number)
You can edit the details of all existing users by clicking their name from the User Setup page. You will be able to change their permission, update contact or log-in information, and upload or update an image for this user.
Uploading an image allows first responders to recognize key players quickly when they arrive on scene.
You can also designate to receive various emails.
To do so, select the boxes desired at the bottom of the User Account screen. Once the boxes have been selected, click the save button.
See Also: Managing Individual User Accounts
You can disable user accounts at anytime to revoke their access.
To disable a user, click the Disable button on the User Account screen.
You can choose to enable a user again even after being disabled.
User Management by Sync
Organizations may also have the option to sync information (including users and students) automatically. This is usually setup during implementation or in consultation with their Customer Success Manager and Technical Support.
A connection is created from the district's Student Information System (SIS) to Emergency Management Suite. Generally, this is done via ClassLink or Clever to streamline the flow of information.
Users are then created, disabled, and reenabled, as needed, based on the data provided by the district's SIS.
See Also: Adding Users Not Associated with District Data Sync
Syncing is paused by default during the Summer months to allow for maintenance. If your district needs to continue updating data during this time (summer school, etc.) please have the administrator contact Technical Support