Suite360 Understanding User Roles
Gain an in-depth understanding of the various user roles within Suite 360 and what permissions they have..
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- School Check In
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
In Suite360, admin permissions are controlled by what we call "User Roles."
Upon upload, all adult users in Suite360 will be assigned the tags Admin, User, and A360 Staff by default. The default roles are necessary for adult users to access the backend Admin dashboard.
There are three main adult user roles in Suite360:
- Typical users include classroom teachers, special educators, and members of a behavioral team.
- Will be able to select a staff grade upon first login.
- Can see and edit students connected to his/her class
- Cannot create admin accounts
- Can only assign lessons to classes and individual students (not grades or schools)
- Sees reporting only for students and assignments for his/her class
- Must be assigned a class to view students and lessons assigned by Admin.
- Typical users include building administrators, counselors, social workers, mental health teams, and behavioral team leaders. Special educators are sometimes included depending on their role and caseload.
- Can see and edit students connected to his/her school
- Can add instructors and other school admins
- Can assign lessons grades, classes, and students at the assigned school only.
- Sees reporting only for students and assignments for his/her school
- Must be assigned a school
- Typical users include the Mental Health and Wellness Directors, Curriculum and Instruction Directors, and Instructional Technology Directors. Superintendents and other district-level staff accessing Suite360 may also be included.
- Can see and edit every student and admin in the program
- Can add instructors, school admins and other district admins
- Can assign lessons by class, grade and school
- Sees reporting for all students in the program
- Does not need to be assigned a class or school
In addition to these roles, the Intervention role is also available for Instructors with Suite360 Intervention. This allows individuals to assign Intervention lessons to any student at the school without receiving Admin level permissions. You can find more information on this role in the article, New Intervention Role.
You can see the users that you have access to view and edit by clicking on the "Users" menu item on the left hand side:
To update a user's role, click on the menu item corresponding to the user's current role (i.e. to change an instructor's role, click on "Instructors"). Then type the name of the user in the "Simple Search."
Once you have found the name of the user, click on the orange "Edit" button on the right- hand side of the screen:
Then scroll down to the bottom and click "Update User" to save the information.