Detect: Digital Scanning & Notification
Resources for Back-to-School Success
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- PBIS Rewards
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- School Check In
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
Back-to-School Refresher Training 👆
To ensure returning and new product administrators are well-positioned for the new school year, we have set up weekly training sessions to review key features, functionality, and best practices.
To register for one of these sessions, click on the subject heading and select a topic of interest.
Note: Both upcoming live and on-demand are available.
Detect Webinar Links
Join our Navigate360 Subject-Matter Experts for a training webinar on Navigate360’s Detect. Learn more about key features, functionality, and best practices for using Detect throughout your school district.
Intended Audience: Detect Administrators
September 14th: 1PM
September 20th: 9AM
September 25th: 3PM
⏹️ Update protected entities and site information.
- Make sure the people, places and events you want to have covered for the next year are all added. Add new Protected Entities through the submission form in the “Protect” section. By completing the Protected Entities submission, Navigate360's support team will address and respond upon completion. Need help? Watch this short video for step-by-step instructions.
- Let your Customer Experience Consultant (CXC) know about any new buildings, campus locations and new social media presence so we can expand our reach across your digital communities. Any additions must be completed by Navigate360’s support team.
⏹️ Review integrations. Talk to your Customer Experience Consultant (CXC) about your current integrations to make sure you are taking advantage of all that Detect can do. Integrations include public social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit), school-owned sources (Gmail, Google Docs, Hangouts, Outlook) and SHAREit sources.
⏹️ Review active users. Add new users and deactivate old ones in "Team Settings." For step-by-step instructions, click here.
⏹️ Review notification settings. Adjust notification delivery settings in "General Settings."
⏹️ Schedule refresher training. If you have new team members or need refresher training, contact your CXC. We can set up a training session to bring everyone up to speed.
⏹️ Check your email filters. Ensure the following domains are allowed in your district email/spam filters to ensure you receive important communications:
💡Back-to-School Tips & Tricks
The 2023-24 back-to-school season will be here before you know it! Our product experts have created these helpful tips to help you start the new school year off right!
🔹 Add Protected Entities
🔹 Update Protected Entities
🔹 Review Integrations
🔹 Refresher Training
What is Detect?
- Detect is the only advanced early intervention tool that leverages advanced AI that is purpose-built to identify students experiencing mental health challenges, expressing self-harm language and/or sharing potential threats of harm to your school or community.
- Navigate360 provides solutions that help school leaders stay ahead of harmful intentions not only to the school but to students and staff with a view of the whole individual.
- Detect is a reflection of our dedication to schools and making their learning climate better, safer and more secure.
Available in July: Google Chat
- Google Chat is a new source available in Detect, allowing you to scan Chat for concerning language that may indicate a student is struggling or threatening harm.
- To deploy the API and scan Google Chat data, please reach out to your Customer Experience representative for additional details.
Available Now: Patterns
- Catch an escalating pattern of behavior that would have been difficult to find otherwise.
- Understand a student's conversation over time.
- If a student's language returns to normal, Patterns will automatically turn inactive.
- Provide your multidisciplinary team with full visibility on the context of an alert.
- Requires an owned sources integration (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Chat, Microsoft).
Available Now: Behavioral Threat & Suicide Case Management Integration
- Seamlessly send a Detect alert into Behavioral Threat & Suicide Case Management with one click.
- Include a variety of information from the alert.
- Provide your multidisciplinary team with visibility on an immediate potential threat that needs to be assessed.
- Requires an active Behavioral Threat & Suicide Case Management subscription.
Available Now: Web Reporting Alerts
- Detect now includes web alerts and reporting directly in the Detect dashboard, creating an all-encompassing digital safety solution. Talk to your CXC to implement web alerts in Detect.
- One unified dashboard gives your school and district response teams the full picture of your digital climate.
- Detect is now the most comprehensive solution to help you take a proactive stance against harmful intentions posted across district-owned sources, social media, and the web.