Detect G Suite Setup
Learn how to set up an account with the G Suite integration.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- School Check In
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
G Suite Integration
Using Detect’s G Suite Integration, the Language Engine can identify potentially harmful threats or mental health concerns experienced by students. As such, school-sanctioned email and productivity tools help support an early intervention approach to student wellness. Concerning content will be categorized and delivered into the platform as Alerts or Discussions in near real-time.
For a successful G Suite Integration, it is important to ensure each of these requirements are met. Each targeted user record should:
- Be in an Organizational Unit that the account is configured to process.
- Have a capitalized first & last name.
- Not be suspended in G Suite.
- Be active in G Suite.
- Not be deleted in G Suite.
- Included in the global address list.
Set Up Instructions
Step 1: Log into https://admin.google.com/ac/owl/domainwidedelegation directly or by following these steps:
- Go to the G Suite domain’s Admin console, https://admin.google.com
- Select Security from the list of controls on the left side of the browser.
- Select API Access. Navigate to the bottom of the screen and select Manage Domain Delegation.
Step 2: In the Manage Domain Delegation page, select Add New to configure the new key.
To ensure successful integration, copy and paste the following values:
Client ID field: 114279029511177273649
API Scopes field:
Step 3: Click Authorize.
If configured properly, Navigate360 Detect now has read-only access to your domain’s user listing, users’ Drive changes, Gmail, and Hangouts Chat messages. Confirm the product was integrated successfully by viewing the Validation Link shared with you by your Implementation Consultant.
Mapping Organizational Units
Organizational Units, or OUs, are used to organize users within G Suite. Navigate360 Detect uses the G Suite OUs to segment which emails are scanned for a domain. Here’s an example of a fictitious account with the following OUs:
- /Students/Elementary School
- /Students/Middle School
- /Students/High School
A list of your Detect account locations will be provided to you by your Implementation Consultant. For a successful G Suite Integration, please return a list of OUs mapped to the correct location.
|/Students/Elementary School||North Acme Elementary|
|/Students/Middle School||Acme Middle HS|
|/Students/High School||Acme Senior HS|
“I don’t see Security in the G Suite Admin Console”
If the Security tab is not visible, the account you are signed in as is not an administrator for the domain. Please work with your G Suite Administrator for the integration.
The Validation Link did not confirm a successful integration, what now?
There are typically three reasons why the Validation Link does not show a successful integration. Follow the steps below and reach out to your Implementation Consultant if continue to receive error messages.
- API Scopes are not exact: Copy and Paste directly from the instructions above to confirm API scopes are entered correctly
- G Suite Admin: The integration requires Detect (Detect) to provide the G Suite Admin email. Confirm with your Implementation Consultant that we have the correct G Suite Admin email address. If your G Suite Administrator changes, please contact your Implementation Consultant to update the configuration.
- Typo’s in OUs: OUs need to be exact to map correctly. Confirm that the OUs show exactly as they do in the G Suite Admin Console.
“With the G Suite Integration, what privileges are granted to Detect (Detect)?
This integration takes a least privilege approach and requests the minimum possible, read-only permissions to provide our service. Once integrated, Detect will have read-only access to your domain’s user listing, users’ Drive changes, Gmail, and Hangouts Chat messages.